Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Funny money and things

Tonight Jeff went to exchange currency, and came back with funny money!! Ha! It's so bright and colorful! US money looks so boring compared to the Euro and Swiss Franc. I can't remember if taking pictures of money is illegal or not, so I'm not going to post it here. ;-)

We are down to the last minute details - downloading Rick Steves' audio tours, music, books, movies (for those long flights) ... it sure is funny traveling with so much technology these days. Deciding which devices we're bringing is quite the adventure. I'm so grateful for all the book suggestions I got from Facebook land! And excited - I want to start reading the ones I downloaded now! But I read so fast, Jeff is making me wait.

Weighed our packs last night and packed them with every single item we plan on taking - they both weighed in slightly under the "max", and then Jeff researched the details on the baggage policy for EasyJet, the small airline we are taking 3 times in between countries. He found out there is NO weight limit for cabin luggage, aka "carry on"! For our long trips there and back on Icelandair, we get to take 2 bags as carry ons, so we can separate our stuff into our backpacks and "personal bags" (purse for M and tiny stowable backpack for J) that we plan on using for day trips, so the weight thing isn't an issue. A big HOORAY!!!!

Now the only thing that's left to do is...

WAIT! 4 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is getting so exciting! You have done a great job planning, prepping, practicing! And now just trust your instincts and hey, if you need it there, you can buy it, right? I mean you are going to advanced countries.Besides, if you find a cool thing there you can pack it in the extra duffel on the way home. The money is really cool, it is like play Monopoly money isn't it? This is getting fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I just got my haircut, and my hairdresser was in Germany last year - she was showing me her boots she bought in Berlin because the ones she brought with her ended up hurting her feet. I look forward to whatever we end up "needing" to buy over there that will become really fun souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete